We're getting BETTER at this!
Join us for the Triangle Song Collection this Spring!
This spring we'll jump and jive with "Allee Galloo," go to the beach with "Maria Isabel," and create jazzy rounds with "Hey, Ho, Nobody Home," just to name a few of the 25 songs and chants in the Triangle Song Collection. In addition to your weekly classes, your tuition includes materials for you to use at home, access to the online Family Music Zone, a family newsletter full of resources and music-making ideas, and a family line dance!
About the Illustrators
Read more about Jaime Kim on her website: https://www.jaimekim.com.
See more of Gerald Kelley's work on his website: https://www.geraldkelley.com
Music Together® 8-week Spring Session Tuition Information (begins April 22, 2021):
ONLINE: $150 per FAMILY (plus $30 registration fee for NEW families*). Sibling fees have been eliminated for MTO.
OUTDOOR: Unfortunately, due to Alberta Government guidelines and our return to "Step 1" Covid protocols, we have had to cancel our proposed outdoor classes for the spring semester.
All prices include GST.
*A one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $30 applies for families that are new to Codabugs Music Together, regardless of whether you have attended classes at another Music Together centre. All centres are owned and operated separately.
Music Together Online is a package of online music experience and resources that, together, create a comprehensive music learning program with the same high quality you're used to with the Music Together program. Our online offering this Spring for Mixed Ages will include ONE 40-45 minute Facebook Live class each week, accessed "on demand" for the entire semester through our "Triangle" Facebook group, which you will join once registered. Each class will feature a variety of small & large movement activities, musical play with props & instruments you'll easily find in your home, family dancing & singing, and plenty of cozy snuggling with your little ones! It's developmentally appropriate musical education, delivered through PLAY, which is how children learn best! Families have been loving the Facebook Live option because of the flexibility it offers...you can attend the live class, or choose to watch at a time that suits your schedule better, or even watch a favourite class multiple times. Repetition is great for children and truly helps them to learn music fundamentals, and as they become more familiar with the music, and with YOUR direct participation, you will likely find that they engage better in class...yes, even online!
Music Together Outdoors (sorry, cancelled) is the next step towards our eventual return to indoor, in-person classes! Families in warmer climates around the world have been enjoying them for a few months now, and we are so excited to bring them to Leduc! We are offering several different days and times for Mixed Age classes (newborn to 5 years), as well as Interactive Classes for New Parents (newborn to 8 months). Although we are still working to finalize the details, all outdoor classes will be held in our Leduc public parks. Classes are approximately 45 minutes long, and will feature plenty of small and large movement activities, instrument play, singing and dancing, and laughter in the great outdoors! Classes will be small (6-8 families), and in accordance with any outdoor gathering limits in place at the time. Social distancing (and social distan-SING!) will be practiced throughout the class. The only thing we'll share is our love for making music together! Families should bring a big blanket for their family to sit on. Each blanket will help to provide a clear visual boundary for social distancing while we sing, dance and jam together, at least ten feet apart. Each family will bring instruments from home (purchased, homemade or "found" objects), along with other items for being outside (water, sunscreen, bug spray, etc.). Washrooms are not available so please be prepared (travel potties, etc). Please view our Outdoor Class Policies here.
For enrolled families:
- In addition to your weekly classes: Your tuition includes a beautifully illustrated songbook, CD, and digital download package which will be delivered or mailed to your door once your registration is complete. The online Family Music Zone gives you exclusive access to downloadable family resources (colouring pages, musical games, etc), and partway through the semester, you'll receive a family newletter full of resources and music-making ideas!
- Bonus: This semester, we'll be inviting families to an occasional bonus activity on Zoom. This activity might be a musical craft or game idea, book or lullaby, dance party, extended instrument play, or just an opportunity for you and your child(ren) to show & tell, share a story, and to connect with the teacher and with other families. The times will vary depending on the activity (book/lullaby will be evening & crafts will be morning, etc), but will be posted a week ahead of time, to allow families to prepare and to source out any supplies that might be needed!
- Supplementary: Your registration will include supplementary content within the "Triangle" private Facebook group, which may include "on demand" single song activities, singalong storybooks, lullabies, videos of the Music Together Band, and Parent Education to help you understand how the activities support and encourage your child's musical journey and to help your entire family get the most benefit from the Music Together program.
Concerns About Screen Time?
We know screen time isn't generally recommended for this age range, but here's the difference: YOU! When children passively receive information from a screen, they don't absorb it in the same way nor do they learn in the same way as when they have the active participation of a parent or close caregiver. So, just as in our in-person classes, YOU are still the most important part. Your teacher will be on the screen, children might see their classmates on the screen (depending on which platform we're using), but it is truly the interaction of the parent/caregiver with the child that is going to continue their music development and help them to engage with the activities! In fact, you might even choose to keep the screen visible only to you as you and your child play with the music.
Please let me encourage you to think of our offering this way: In addition to providing this award-winning Music Together education program for your child, this is a way to connect with your child, your teacher and with others in our community. We need each other during this time. We need music, more than ever. We need something on the schedule! We can still be silly, interactive and playful “together” online, giving your child the opportunity to internalize basic music fundamentals in a fun and developmentally appropriate way!
We hope to see you and your little one(s) in a virtual class soon!
- When registering, please provide that names and birthdates of ALL children who will be attending the class, placing the OLDEST child as Registrant #1
- Because our class offerings this semester are contingent on enrollment numbers, please DO NOT pay your tuition until we have confirmed that classes can go ahead. We DO encourage you to enroll right away, however, so that we know that we can count you in. We don't know that you're interested until you tell us! We will contact you to make arrangements for payment and delivery of materials once we've confirmed that we can proceed.
- It's important that all children registered in our program have on-going access to the music and materials both at home and on the go. What your child learns from the Music Together educational curriculum, and their response to our classes is closely linked to the availability of the materials, and we want to ensure that each family has their own set. Therefore, we require that only children living in the same home be registered as siblings.
Payment Options (please contact Tracey here or at (780) 292-1780 to discuss):
- Credit Card via Square
Prior to 1st class: full refund minus $30
Prior to 2nd class: full refund minus $60
**There will be no refunds given after the 2nd class.